Chicago – March 2009

Chicago Trip Report: March 26 – April 1, 2009

Chapter 1. Can we Beat the Blizzard

We had made the decision the night before – we would get up as early as we could bear and head on up to Denver to try to beat the storm. We knew there was no guarantee that it would even hold off that long, but we also knew that if we weren’t out of town by early morning we were not going to make it at all. The whole region was put under a Blizzard warning at around 6am – we got on the road by 6:30. We had to drop Nala off at the PetsHotel – they opened at 7am, and actually let us in a few minutes early. That went smoothly and quickly so we were soon on our way. The storm was coming from the North, and we drove straight towards the middle of it as fast as we could. Thinking the whole time we must be a bit crazy. So far the morning seemed so calm and serene though – the sunrise was even peeking through the clouds a bit in the East. The calm before the storm.
Continue reading